"Green for Micro" was launched in 2021 to help companies become more sustainable, reducing waste, improving efficiency and minimising their carbon footprint. Originally limited to companies up to 10 employees, the success of the program has lead it to be extended to companies of up to 50 employees and now includes the manufacturing and hospitality sectors. According to Grainne McKeown of Louth LEO “This opens it up to a whole new range of local companies who can now access this really valuable free support.”
What is "Green for Micro"?
Green for Micro is a FREE programme that helps small businesses take the first step towards becoming more sustainable, giving you access to a green consultant who’ll show you the small changes that can have a big impact on your company - and the world around you.
Developing a ‘greener’ policy can offer many benefits to your business, including:
• Increased cost savings
• Improved resource efficiency (for example: using less energy, water, and materials)
• Reduced environmental footprint and greenhouse gas emissions
• Opportunities for higher and additional value on products and services
• Increased access to customers, improved corporate image and reputation.
• Increased resilience to climate change impacts
The grant has also been extended to include a new energy efficiency equipment grant.
For more details and how to apply, please visit https://www.localenterprise.ie/Portal/Green/Green-for-Micro.html
or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also view a short video outlining the "Green for Micro" grant at https://youtu.be/kq9QHK5IxUQ