Louth County Council have launched the "Louth in Bloom" competition for 2023, a celebration of excellence in enhancing Louth's visual appeal and promoting vibrant communities.
The competition, now in its fourth year, aims to recognise and honour the individuals, businesses, and organisations that have made outstanding contributions to enhancing Louth's natural beauty and creating inviting spaces.
Launching just as summer arrives, Louth in Bloom encompasses eight diverse categories, ensuring that every corner of the county has an opportunity to shine.
This year, the local authority is excited to introduce a new category: Best Sustainable Innovative Initiative/Project. This category recognises initiatives or projects that demonstrate exceptional innovation in sustainability, introducing novel ideas, technologies, or approaches to address environmental challenges within the county.
The categories include:
- Best Garden: Recognising private front gardens that showcase exceptional horticultural skills and creative design while promoting biodiversity
- Best Small estate: acknowledging small housing estates that exhibit outstanding communal gardens, green spaces and overall enhancement.
- Best Medium estate: Commending medium sized housing estates that demonstrate exceptional efforts in creating attractive communal areas and contributing to the visual charm of Louth.
- Best Large estate: Honouring large housing estates that have made significant strides in enhancing their communal spaces, creating welcoming environments and adding to the overall vibrancy of the county.
- Best Business: Celebrating local businesses that have made significant efforts in enhancing their shop fronts and contributing to the visual charm of the community.
- Best Hospitality: Honouring hotels, restaurants, cafes, and other hospitality establishments that have created captivating and inviting entrances, adding to the overall vibrancy of Louth.
- Best Biodiversity Project: Commending projects that have made a significant impact on enhancing and preserving Louth's biodiversity, including habitat restoration, conservation initiatives, and educational programs.
- Best Innovative Sustainable Project: Recognising innovative projects that promote sustainability, eco-friendly technologies, and renewable energy solutions within the county.
Participant efforts will be judged by a panel of esteemed experts who will evaluate the entries based on various criteria, including creativity, sustainability, biodiversity, and community involvement.
Winners of each category will receive well-deserved recognition for their efforts and a prestigious award at the Louth in Bloom gala awards ceremony, which will take place later in the year. Additionally, their achievements will be widely publicised to inspire and motivate others to embrace sustainable practices.
To participate in the Louth in Bloom competition, interested individuals, businesses, and organisations can submit their entries through Louth County Council on line portal on their website, https://www.louthcoco.ie/en/services/communities/competitions/louth-in-bloom/louth-in-bloom-2023/ where the nomination forms will also be available to download.
Entries can also be submitted by post or by dropping same, into any of the Louth County Council customer services desks at any of our offices in Ardee, Drogheda and Dundalk.
The deadline for submissions is Monday 10th July 2023.
For more information and updates about the Louth in Bloom competition, please visit https://www.louthcoco.ie/en/services/communities/competitions/louth-in-bloom/louth-in-bloom-2023/ or contact the community support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 042 -9392918.